Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Fun With Deadpool in April

From the very first convention I ever attended, a small hotel show put on by Duncanville Bookstore back in the early 80s, I have been silly for conventions.  As an attendee, a vendor, a panelist, an emcee, and even a producer, I have had a history with the Texas convention scene that spans three decades.  And even with all of that history I can still be taken by surprise when someone in the convention community reaches out to me.  Thus was the case when Chris of North Texas Comic Book Shows asked if I might be interested in moderating a panel discussion on the Marvel anti-hero Deadpool!















Needless to say the answer was yes!  Very interested, indeed.  And while Deadpool is not a character who’s exploits I have followed, I have moderated discussions with a lot less to go on at the outset.  And this is more than just the character in the mix.  Deadpool artist Carlo Barberi and Deadpool: Merc With a Mouth writer Victor Gischler will be guests of the next North Texas Comic Book Show on Saturday, April 13, 2013 in Dallas.  If you are planning to attend be sure to check out the panel as I talk all things Deadpool with two of the folks behind making him one of the most popular characters in the Marvel Universe! 




But there is so much more!  The North Texas Comic Book Show consistently brings you a variety of dealers selling comic books, action figures, Hot Wheels, original art, toys, and collectibles.  You never know what you will find at this show.  And they always have some fun surprises in store.  Stay tuned for more as we get a bit closer to April.  I hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment